- This class has passed.
SOLD OUT – Shiatsu for Health Practitioners – Level 1
|Fri – Sun||Apr 20–22, 2018||6pm – 5pm|
Join us for this 2½-day intensive and comprehensive shiatsu course for health practitioners. You will learn the basic concepts of shiatsu, specific techniques for treating common conditions and specific muscles, as well as how to combine shiatsu with massage and other modalities. Learn techniques, which will allow you to effortlessly increase pressure depth, which clients often crave. These deep tissue techniques will enhance your treatments, creating greater release and client satisfaction.
In this course you will learn:
– Basic concepts of shiatsu
– Indications and contraindications
– Basic shiatsu technique
– Physiological effects of Shiatsu
– How to perform a full body shiatsu treatment
– Integrating shiatsu with massage and other modalities
– The majority of this course will be focused on Shiatsu deep tissue massage techniques (non-meridian style of Shiatsu), as 3 days in not enough time to learn Traditional Chinese medicine.
– Students will effectively learn shiatsu techniques to release hyper tonicity in major muscle groups, treat common conditions such as Headaches, lumbago, shoulder injuries, carpal tunnel, stress, sciatica, whiplash, fibromyalgia, as well as minor systemic conditions such as indigestion, constipation, insomnia, dysmenorrhoea and pain syndromes.
– Students will also be introduced to some common acupressure points, as well as abdominal shiatsu treatment techniques, known as Ampuku.
(Friday) 6:00pm – 9:00 pm
(Saturday) 9:00am – 5:00pm
(Sunday): 9:00am – 5:00pm
Last weekend cupping, this weekend Kinetic Massage for the shoulder! I’m so excited to use these new techniques! Fellow therapists, check them out, they have tons of options and the courses are truly excellent! Clients and friends – this is all for you! All of my continued education helps me to create more effective treatment plans to help you reach your health – Jocelyn