Hot Stone Massage
|Tue – Wed||May 3–4, 2022||9am – 5pm|
Temporary COVID-19 Restrictions
Procedures for in-person training:
Seminars for Health is implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program in accordance with Alberta Health Services. This program will have the following measures added to all in-person training:
To enter any in-person training you must meet one of the following:
- Proof of vaccination to enter the class with valid government-issued photo ID As of November 15, 2021 Seminars for Health will only accept vaccine QR codes in accordance with the mandate by the Alberta Government. Get your QR Code here. Alberta Covid Records
- Only fully vaccinated individuals will be admitted
- must be a vaccine approved in Canada
- Documentation of a medical exemption
- Proof of privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed). Link for asymptomatic testing Alberta.
Additionally, SFH will implement the following in-person procedures
- Regular hand sanitizing
- Working with the same partner
- Mandatory masking
I took Lisa’s Hot Stone Therapy Course, and it helped me more than I expected. I already had practice with Hot Stone, having had every workplace I worked, taught me how they did their protocol; however, I’d never had an actual course. I knew how to handle the rocks well and created my own technique for doing the massage. Then I took this course and learned so much more than I knew before. Having had used stones before, I did have an advantage in the class because instead of learning how to handle the stones, I focused on the techniques used. On the first day, we learned a style that I didn’t previously know. It focused a lot on the energy, flow, and balance of the treatment. I loved the technique we learned for a full-body relaxation Hot Stone massage. On the second day, we went deeper and learned about cold stones and how stones could be used in a specialty treatment massage. This was intriguing because I previously did not know at all about stones for specific treatments. The consensus towards Hot Stone is that it is just a fluffy spa massage. The use of hot and cold stones on the body can be therapeutic since it creates circulation and in a deeper contrast treatment than hydrotherapy. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in Stone therapy or who is interested in a different approach to therapeutic work. I found it beneficial to myself and my practice. I’ve used the new techniques already, and the results were amazing. My client was very happy and had never had a Hot Stone treatment like it before. She rebooked right away because she loved it so much. This course proves that Hot Stone Therapy Massage is more than just a fluffy spa treatment, and I’m very grateful I took it.
Become proficient in Hot Stone Therapy with this 2 days in-person course providing a full body Hot Stone Therapy treatment. Learn how to use different stones (marble and basalt) with warm and cold applications targeting different body regions with flat and stone edges. You will learn Hot Stone therapy from a certified instructor with 25 yrs plus experience in the clinical and spa industries. Become skilled with Hot stone and be ready to work in clinical and spa environments providing superior Hot Stone therapy.
Please note: This course requires you to bring your own hot stones and heater.
In this course, you will learn:
- A full-body technique of hot stone massage with alternating temperature stones
- How to handle the rocks
- Specific techniques using the stones
- Flow, energy and balance treatment
- Uses of contrast temperatures in treatment
- Specific techniques of myofascial release using flat and edges of the hot stones.
- Mini treatments using hot and cold stones can be integrated into a regular massage routine or used on their own.
- Proficient in hot stone therapy
I learned TMJ massage at school but not at this level of depth. My fingers feel comfortable navigating and my clients are at ease receiving this precise and often vulnerable work. Mara is a gifted instructor and is an expert with this material.