Ten Tips For A Successful Massage PracticeJanuary 14, 2020 1:27 pm
Here are ten things that can help elevate any massage therapist’s practice and enhance your client experience…
1. Are you struggling with finding the time to assess your clients before massaging them? Pre and post-massage assessments are necessary to ensure safety and a proper treatment plan. Get in the habit of doing it before every session, and soon you will realize how proficient you will become.
2. Are you guilty of asking your clients, “What are we working on today? Often clients do not know what their needs are, so how can they tell you what you should be working on — this is another example of why assessment is so critical.
3. Are you sure you are rescheduling your clients for the correct time needed between treatments? Your clients trust your expertise and expect you to tell them when their next appointment should be.
4. Are you giving your clients a customized treatment or falling into a pattern? Each client has unique pains and problems. Make sure you customize your client’s massage based on each client’s needs.
5. Do not underestimate the client’s comfort; use proper body support with bolsters, rolled towels, correct pillow thickness, and body positioning, creating a healing resting position.
6. Is investing in proper bedding important? Sheets that are good quality, comfortable, large enough, and not see-through make for a better experience for your clients.
7. Music preferences, take the time to download different albums to suit all client preferences. Please make a note of it in your client’s chart.
8. Conversation during the massage should be discouraged but focus on breathing and relaxation could be suggested.
9. Be clear with your client about wardrobe removal; proper instruction eliminates confusion, and knowledge helps them relax.
10. Make one personal note about each client, making the connection with your client personal but professional.
We hope you found some of these tips helpful! If you want more from Seminars For Health, follow us on Instagram!
Yours in health,
The SFH TeamTags: continued education, successful massage practice
Categorised in: unclassified
This post was written by SeminarsforHealth
Comments are closed here.