So many people are living with pain! How can massage therapists help to alleviate this immense problem?
Do you feel that you use your skills to your full potential when helping your clients deal with pain? Should your role as a massage therapist offer temporary pain relief, or do you think long term pain relief should be what we strive for?
SFH staff is often asked by Massage Therapists looking for continued education training, which course we believe can be the most impactful for their clients and themselves. We at Seminars for Health would humbly choose this course, and this is why.
Linda Hoppe, CEO of Seminars for Health, has started this company because she believed that courses like this one, including scientific content and effective tissue manipulation, has the vast potential to impact patient care and to raise the bar of the massage therapy profession. Our company was created based on these beliefs, and we would love for you to give it some consideration.
This course is offered online as well as in-class and is a prerequisite on your journey to becoming a Certified SFH Orthopedic Massage Therapist/SFH Muscle Therapist.
Notes: This course has the same content as the Fundamentals of Orthopedic Massage, so if you have already taken it, please consider other classes.
What you accomplish and acquire from taking this course?
- Science-based theory
- Understand the impact of muscle therapy on long term pain relief
- Muscle base concept to achieve best tissue response
- Vector of force concept for a better technique application and minimal effort from the therapist
- Pressure adaptation and the effects of soft tissue and proprioceptors
- Muscle alignment effect for a return to ideal muscle function
- Muscle compression effect and its impact on soft tissue and circulatory system
- Scooping technique developed by Linda Hoppe
- Efficient energy use by the therapist
Upon online class Completion:
You will receive an email, including an electronic version of your proof of attendance. Upon registration, make sure you enter your information correctly to ensure this happens. We collect your email address, first name and last name (please give us the name you wish to have on your proof of attendance).
Advantages of taking this self-paced e-learning online course
Good use of your time. Learn at your own pace and when it is the most conducive to learning. There is no need to give up a sacred weekend or loose work attending a workshop. Learn around your commitment and social schedule.
Cost-effectiveness: You can save on traveling and accommodation costs and there is no need to take some days off work, lose income and pay for a babysitter as you can attend the course whenever it is the most convenient for me.
Information overload: You can learn so much in a traditional weekend workshop and not being able to retain most of it. Learning online allows me time and repetition until you are ready to learn the next chapter. Do you want to be certified in SFH Dynamic cupping?
You need CEU credits.
Who qualifies to take this course?
All health care providers who work directly with oncology patients are welcome to take this course. Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Nursing staff, Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists, Athletic therapists, and Manual Osteopaths and Osteopaths.
2nd Year Massage Therapy students who have completed Pathology are welcome.
Who should take this course?
- Prerequisite course to Orthopedic Massage Certification Program
- Registered massage therapists
- Massage therapy graduates
- Massage therapy students (second-year massage students once you have completed pathology)