Safely manipulate the soft tissue of people diagnosed with cancer!
Become proficient with the manipulation of soft tissues in patients affected by cancer. The Oncology Soft Tissue Manipulation course is a 3-day long course predominately hands-on. Based on Canadian Cancer Society standards, this highly anticipated course is designed to provide all Health Care providers with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively provide soft tissue manipulation. Addressing the fear and misunderstanding of providing soft tissue manipulation to individuals who have had a cancer diagnosis, participants will gain insight into the mechanism behind cancer spread and how, with proper assessment and adaptations, muscle and joint manipulations can be very beneficial to this population.
What to expect from this course?
- An overview of various types of treatments and medication protocols and their side effects
- An understanding of modifications for ‘pump and filter’ organ compromise
- Techniques and rationale for site and position adjustments and bolstering
- Protocols and modifications for clients with bone metastases
- An introduction to gentle scare tissue mobilization techniques
- The opportunity to develop and practice using an Oncology specific intake form and questionnaire
- Recommendations for communicating with physicians and other health care professionals
- Ideas to empower and support both practitioner and client
- Hands-on practice with clients
Upon Course Completion:
You will receive an email with the option to write the exam or request proof of completion. Upon registration, make sure you enter your information correctly to ensure this happens. We collect your email address, first name, and last name (please give us the name you wish to have on your proof of attendance or certificate).
Upon Certificate Completion:
Students complete our Certification after they successfully write our exam. They may access their official digital certificate if they meet all course requirements and pass all exams. To view the digital certificate, navigate to your online account. You can print it there or send it to your massage association via email.
Looking for CEUs only
If you choose not to become certified, you are still entitled to receive your credits.
Who should take this course?
All health care providers who work directly with oncology patients are welcome to take this course. Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Nursing staff, Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists, Athletic therapists, and Manual Osteopaths and Osteopaths.
2nd Year Massage Therapy students who have completed Pathology are welcome.
**PRE-READING to come
This course contains proprietary information. None of the material in this course may be used without the explicit consent of Seminars for Health. Including paraphrasing or altered versions. Canadian copyright laws protect all Seminars for Health content. In addition, Seminars for Health reserves the right to pursue legal action against any illegal distributions or presentations of any of the items listed above.
© 2022 Seminars for Health Inc., All rights reserved