Cleaning Silicone Cups – Best PracticesMay 30, 2018 10:55 am
LATEST NEWS: Cleaning Silicone Cups
Quick and easy approach
- Make sure you are disinfecting, not just cleaning. A disinfectant has a D.I.N. number (Drug Identification Number) on the label, which is regulated by Health Canada. Prepare yourself for Health Safety Inspections that may be conducted in your area.
- Be careful of harmful substances that could cause you or your clients to react negatively.
- Use effective quick disinfectants. You don’t want your cup cleaning to interfere with your massage practice.
- Have enough cups handy. To avoid rushing between clients, you may want to consider having 2-4 sets of cups at your disposition.
- Alcohol-based cleaners and Lysol wipes. They can dry out silicone cups; decreasing their longevity, leading to cracks.
- Washing cups in the dishwasher. This could cause the silicone to dry out and break over time.
- Baby wipes do not provide adequate sanitation.
- Wet wipes also transfer lint onto cups.
- Diluted mouthwash is not recommended as the percentage of alcohol to disinfect must be 60% or higher.
- Home-made sanitation products as their effectiveness to disinfect have not been proven or approved by Health Canada. (Example: To kill bacteria, the product has to have the ability to cross the bacteria’s cell membrane.)
- Wash cups with hot water and dish soap. Let air dry or use a new, clean cloth to wipe dry.
- Make sure your cleaning clothes are clean and dry.
- Don’t use sponges. They are often damp, providing a breeding ground for bacteria. (Potentially carry more bacteria than a toilet seat)
- Does your cleaner have a DIN#? For proper sanitation and disinfection, be sure your cleaner has a DIN# labeled on your product and is not alcohol based.
- Product recommendation.
Learn to incorporate Silicone Cups seamlessly into your professional massage. Click HERE to learn about our popular Dynamic Cupping and Massage course.
Categorised in: SFH Dynamic Cupping
This post was written by Nyomi Hauta
Comments are closed here.