- This class has passed.
Certification Program – SFH Kinetic Massage
|Thu – Sat||Nov 4–6, 2021||9am – 5pm|
Temporary COVID-19 Restrictions
Procedures for in-person training:
Starting September 3, 2021 Seminars for Health is reinstating the mandatory mask mandate in accordance with AHS guidelines. (Face shield and gloves are provided for the TMJ course)
Effective September 20, 2021 Seminars for Health will implement the Restrictions Exemption Program in accordance with Alberta Health Services. This program will have the following measures added to all in-person training:
To enter any in-person training you must meet one of the following:
- Proof of vaccination to enter the class with a valid government-issued photo ID
- single dose accepted between September 20 and October 25 if received 2 weeks before class start
- double doses required after October 25
- must be a vaccine approved in Canada
- Documentation of a medical exemption
- Proof of privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed). Link for asymptomatic testing Alberta.
Combining joint movement with precise pressure allocation maximizes muscle therapy with this 3-dimensional execution.
What is SFH Kinetic Massage?
Kinetic Massage provides you with effective techniques using both joint movements and massage strokes. Clinical and Sport Massage Therapists can no longer separate muscle tissue manipulation without including its articulations. Focus on your client’s joint mobility, which will directly affect the tone of the supporting muscles. Contrarily, restore the muscles to their normal tone and the joints will align and decompress. Working on both the muscles and the joint achieves the results that your clients are wanting.
The typical range of movement has become restricted in all planes. The human body was born to move and craves a full range of motion. Access to muscles, joints, and muscle junction is best achieved with a dynamic approach. Kinetic Massage Certification will teach you skills to get your clients to move the way their bodies were intended to, all while preserving your body mechanics. By understanding anatomy and correct positioning, your clients will return with the confidence that they are secure and achieving results.
Optimally treat stubborn conditions with Kinetic Massage techniques and approaches. Your clients will feel the difference.
The Benefits of SFH Kinetic Massage
- Get proven lasting results by incorporating joint mobility and soft tissue manipulations.
- Lengthen your career with improved body mechanics.
- Dramatically change your client’s response to treatment.
- Return your clients’ joint functional mobility to normal
Specifics of each SFH Kinetic Massage course
Kinetic Massage of the Neck: A more dynamic approach for treating the neck, you will finally get the results your clients are looking for. Kinetic Massage of the neck course is an active massage technique using joint movements and advanced massage strokes to enhance the therapeutic experience. This dynamic massage course includes the anatomy of the neck, specific manipulation of both upper and lower c-spine, demonstration of techniques in both supine and side-lying positions. Specific muscles will be targeted for particular therapy during this Kinetic massage approach. This technique is perfect for treating neck conditions, including muscle dysfunction, neurovascular compression, and joint restrictions.
Kinetic Massage of the Shoulder: Learn to work with the complexity of the shoulder region with this effective Kinetic Massage approach. Understand the connection with each muscle and its effect on the shoulder joint, the shoulder girdle, the T or C spine. Learn to free the scapula from the thoracic cage muscles. Bring the freedom of movement at the shoulder and the neck with thorough work on specific muscles. Achieve and maintain chest and thoracic cage opening. Specialize in the high-demand body region, the shoulder.
Kinetic Massage of the Hip: Too often, people endure constant pain and need relief. Research states that the hip joint is the fastest aging joint in the body. Chronic seating is epidemic and is next to smoking for its negative impact on one’s body. Kinetic Massage Technique is the answer to provide relief and decrease stiffness. Achieve results in restoring hip movement with Kinetic Massage of the hip. Learn soft tissue release techniques to decompress the hip joint and increase joint lubrication and mobility. Add years of health to that fast aging joint.
Be satisfied that you are making the most significant difference with Kinetic Massage.
- Exam: Within three days of course completion, Seminars for Health will be sending students an email with a link to access the online exam. You will have 14 days of access to complete your exam, starting when you sign up. Upon passing (>70%), log in to your online account to obtain your three certificates (Neck, shoulder, and hip). To view the digital certificate, navigate to your online account.
- Remember to submit your three certificates (Neck, shoulder, and hip) to your association to receive credit for these three courses.
SFH Certification requirements
- Students must be present for the whole duration of the course length to become certified.
- Students must participate and safely execute all hands-on components of the course.
- Students must pass the final written exam.
Please note that the instructors have the right to ask the students to execute any hands-on component at any time. Refusal will deny you from the exam process and, subsequently, your certification.
SFH instructors hold the right to refuse students from writing the final exam if they feel that the participant cannot safely perform the material despite adequate training.
Looking for CEUS only
If you choose not to become certified, you are still entitled to receive your credits. Please reply to this email to request an email copy of proof of attendance.
Who qualifies to take this course?
Prerequisite: Massage Therapists, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Athletic Therapists, Nurses, and Osteopaths.
2nd Year Massage Therapy students who have completed Pathology are welcome.
This course contains proprietary information. Registrant may use none of the material contained within this course without the explicit consent of Seminars for Health. Including paraphrasing or altered versions. Canadian copyright laws protect all Seminars for Health content. Seminars for Health reserves the right to pursue legal action towards any illegal distributions or presentations of any of the items listed above.
I have taken numerous continuing education courses over the years, both massage and cupping, and by far SFH Dynamic Cupping and Massage Therapy course is the best! The techniques are relevant and have made such a difference in my practice. I would take any course that SFH offers.