SHIATSU WORKSHOP FOR HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
Join us for this 2½-day intensive and comprehensive shiatsu course for health practitioners. You will learn the basic concepts of shiatsu, specific techniques for treating common conditions and specific muscles, as well as how to combine shiatsu with massage and other modalities. Learn techniques, which will allow you to effortlessly increase pressure depth, which clients often crave. These deep tissue techniques will enhance your treatments, creating greater release and client satisfaction.
In this course you will learn:
- Basic concepts of shiatsu
- Indications and contraindications
- Basic shiatsu technique
- Physiological effects of Shiatsu
- How to perform a full body shiatsu treatment
- Integrating shiatsu with massage and other modalities
- The majority of this course will be focused on Shiatsu deep tissue massage techniques (non-meridian style of Shiatsu), as 3 days in not enough time to learn Traditional Chinese medicine.
- Students will effectively learn shiatsu techniques to release hyper tonicity in major muscle groups, treat common conditions such as Headaches, lumbago, shoulder injuries, carpal tunnel, stress, sciatica, whiplash, fibromyalgia, as well as minor systemic conditions such as indigestion, constipation, insomnia, dysmenorrhoea and pain syndromes.
- Students will also be introduced to some common acupressure points, as well as abdominal shiatsu treatment techniques, known as Ampuku.
This 2½-day intensive and comprehensive shiatsu course runs from April 7-April 9
April 7 (Friday) 6:00pm - 9:00 pm
April 8 (Saturday) 9:00am - 5:00pm
April 9 (Sunday): 9:00am - 5:00pm
All Health care practicioners welcome!
and save with the early admission price of $569 and save until March 24, 2017. (Regular: $685).
Anita Szuster, RMT, Dipl.S.T.
Anita Szuster is an RMT who has been practising shiatsu for 22 years. She developed and taught the Shiatsu Therapy program at Mount Royal University.
Credits per course:
NHPC: 15 | RMTA: 12 | CRMTA: 15